I rediscovered my favorite band, KISS, while I was on hiatus with the computer troubles. It sounds odd to say that you are rediscovering your favorite band but I know the KISS catalogue so well that I get sick of it easily! I know every album by heart and that leads to skipping songs so I try to listen to KISS shuffled up on my MP3 player to give a little variety.
Here’s the first dozen songs that showed up (song-album-year):
- ‘Thrills In The Night’ – Animalize (1984)
- ‘Christine Sixteen’ – Alive II (1977)
- ‘Read My Body’ – Hot In The Shade (1989)
- ‘Larger Than Life’ – Alive II (1977)
- ‘Silver Spoon’ – Hot In The Shade (1989)
- ‘Strange Ways’ – Hotter Than Hell (1974)
- ‘You Wanted The Best’ – Psycho Circus (1998)
- ‘King Of Hearts’ – Hot In The Shade (1989)
- ‘I Walk Alone’ – Carnival Of Souls (The Final Sessions) (1997)
- ‘Rain’ – Carnival Of Souls (The Final Sessions) (1997)
- ‘Beth’ – Destroyer (1976)
- ‘Master & Slave’ – Carnival Of Souls (The Final Sessions) (1997)
Bonus Track: ‘Move On’ – Paul Stanley (1978)
I should have just pulled out CARNIVAL OF SOULS and HOT IN THE SHADE instead of shuffling the songs, these two albums got three songs each! CARNIVAL OF SOULS is a cool record in the same hard-edge style as REVENGE (1992) but HOT IN THE SHADE is my least favorite KISS record. I’ve had that album since the day of release and I still don’t enjoy it almost 20 years later! ‘Thrills In the Night’ and ‘Strange Ways’ are great songs that made up for the fact that the overplayed ‘Beth’ snuck into the mix! I skip that song everytime I hear it! The bonus track, ‘Move On’, from the under-rated Paul Stanley solo album, is a classic.