WANTED: Whitesnake – Lovehunter (1979) & Starkers In Tokyo (1997)

Posted: April 30, 2008 in Wanted
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

WANTED

Whitesnake – Lovehunter (1979)

This is a quick add in to my WANTED list. I own this CD but I need a replacement because there is a big scratch on the disc! I was playing it the other night and about halfway through it started skipping like crazy! Pulled it out and noticed the scratch. I’m usually on top of these things and I have no idea how it got scratched, maybe when we moved into this house? I tried a CD fixer but it didn’t work…..so it goes on the list! This is also one of my favorite album covers of all time.

Whitesnake – Starkers In Tokyo (1997)

I’ve passed on this live unplugged album for a long time. I’ve seen it plenty of times in the local record shops but, because it’s a Japanese import, the price ranges from $20-$30 depending on the store. It’s just David Coverdale singing and Adrian Vandenberg on acoustic guitar performing for a small audience in Tokyo, Japan. I’m a sucker for “unplugged” albums so this is something I want to hear.

Comments
  1. [...] – Whitesnake WANTED! and Whitesnake Website [...]

2. Benjamin says:

I still love u

3. [...] been able to track down LOVEHUNTER in a few years, once I saw it I grabbed it right away! I posted a WANTED column for this album just over a year ago and I’ve been giving this the weekly search online…..you can’t find this online [...]

4. MADBRAD says:

CATCH THIS WEEKS ROCK PODCAST DEDICATED TO WHITESNAKE

5. tokyo5 says:

I remember when David Coverdale and Adrian Vandenberg came to Tokyo for the concert that was recorded for this album.

I didn’t go to the show but I saw them on TV here promoting the concert and they played a couple songs on TV. I wasn’t impressed…so I never bought the album.
    (Whitesnake has gone downhill since 1990, in my opinion).

6. DODO says:

I have the starkers in Tokjo album. Its amazing, seen whitesnake a couple of times in the last 3 years and they still rock.

7. Rocker Rak says:

Fantastic!! Love people with genuine metal heart. I possess Whitesnake’s early years CD. It shows their true soul. Rock on dudes!

8. DJ München says:

What an fantastic Album: Starkers in Tokyo!

Funny Story, I’ve lost this CD during a DJ-Gig and it was not so easy to get it back.

9. I own the record AND the video of “Starkers in Tokyo” and I can tell you it rules. It is the right music even to play in our showroom while people are relaxing.