Metal Masters Tour (Heaven & Hell, Judas Priest, Motorhead, & Testament) announced!

Posted: April 21, 2008 in Metal News & Commentary
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

From Bravewords.com:

As previously reported, after weeks of speculation, LiveNation.com has announced that JUDAS PRIEST, HEAVEN AND HELL, MOTÖRHEAD and TESTAMENT will unite for the upcoming Metal Masters Tour.

The fifteen-date US trek kicks off August 6th at the Susquehanna Bank Center in Camden, New Jersey. Tickets go on sale to the public beginning this weekend at LiveNation.com.

Judas Priest mainman Rob Halford commented: “As ever, we look forward to screaming out loud with our metal maniac fans when we hit the road. Thank you once again for your devotion and support. The Priest is back!”

This tour will be limited to fifteen very special engagements, and Citi cardmembers will have pre-sale access to tickets through Citi’s Private Pass® Program, available to all Citi cardmembers at this location.

Fans seeking the ultimate concert experience can access unique VIP ticket and fan experience packages that offer premium seats, meet & greets, pre-concert parties and more brought to you by the band’s official websites, JudasPriest.com, HeavenAndHellLive.com.VIP packages for the first events will be on sale by 10 AM Eastern time on Friday, April 25th. Also, not all VIP packages are the same, so be sure to pick the right one that suits you best.

Dates on the Metal Masters Tour include:

28 – Cricket Pavilion – Phoenix, AZ
30 – Glen Helen Pavilion – San Bernardino, CA
31 – Shoreline Amphitheatre – Mountain View, CA

September
1 – Pearl Concert Theater at Palms Casino Resort – Las Vegas, NV

————————————————————

Well this has been in the works for awhile. I’ll be at the Mohegan Sun show on August 15th. My birthday is the 16th so it will be a cool way to ring in year 36! My only complaint is the Citibank presale. It’s cool to let people have a chance at decent seats but I don’t want to get shutout.

— Steve

Comments
  1. Metal Misfit says:

I’d love to go to their Chicago show, but I don’t know anyone who would go with me. I’d usually drag my fiancee with me, but she’ll be out of town at the time.

Oh well… At least I’ve got my Crue Fest tickets for Detroit on 7/15!

2. Dude, go alone! Never miss a show because no one else will go! I’m going to sound like a big loser here but I only have a couple of friends. They could care less about concerts and my wife paid her dues in many new England area arenas over the years. I go to most shows alone now but I always end up striking up conversation with people. Metalheads are a unified bunch!

3. alex says:

i will be attending the mohegan sun show on august , 15th , 2008 and i cant wait to see dio and the sabs and judas priest i saw them there last year amazing so this should be even better also to the person who said they didnt want to go alone i used to not want to either and im 15 and only have a few friends but i wouldnt miss a concert im dying to see because of it even if your not i get a ride and go into the show unless i am invited to g0o with someone or they ask me then i go with someone like the other guy said the metalheads are a unit and we attend shows we really want to see good luck 2 u long live dio and judas priest !!!!!!!!!

4. Mike M. says:

any truth to the rumor that Motorhead is not on the August 15th show?

5. Mike – Motorhead will not be performing at the 8/15 show at Mohegan Sun

6. Big10" says:

anyone else attending…?

August 6 – Susquehanna Bank Center – Camden, NJ

7. matt p says:

hey, they forgot about us here in orlando.they could play @ hard rock or house of blues.there are alot of older metal heads down here.hook us up.

8. \m/ Larry says:

Why aren’t there any dates in Cleveland, OH? We are the epicenter for Metal around the world! Who is in charge of scheduling these pathetic locations and dates anyway? At least Iron Maiden stopped and rocked out with us. LONG LIVE METAL \m/

9. This is a historic lineup. There’s no way anyone should miss this. The only thing I could imagine making it better would be having Iron Maiden on it also, but JUDAS PRIEST, HEAVEN AND HELL, MOTÖRHEAD and TESTAMENT should be more metal than anyone could handle on one bill. I can’t remember a concert with a lineup as spectacular as this one.

Metal Misfit above says he can’t find anyone to go with. Well go alone, you’ll be with thousands of other fans. That never stopped me from seeing a concert I really wanted to see. Crue Fest??? That’s not even in the same league as Metal Masters. I am lucky enough to take my wife to this show, and while she’s been to plenty of concerts I doubt she’s ever seen anything this metal.

10. Dave Whiffen says:

Anyone have any idea as to what order the bands hit the stage & for how long?????? I am going on the 13th here in Toronto. Getcha Pull People!!!!!

11. Brian says:

Saw the show 8-6-08 in Camden Nj.Show Started at 530 w/Testament.Motorhead ,Heaven an Hell then Priest. Testament by far was the loadest band,but Heaven And Hell where the best band.Show moved right on time was done by 1045.Sad to say saw not empty rows but sections empty.What a shame for such a great show.I purchased 3rd row pit tic. the night before online.Great show.

12. TTmax-Dave says:

Just saw the Show at Nissan in Bristow, VA. I missed Testament so I can’t comment. Order was Testament, Motorhead (good and loud and awesome set), Heaven and Hell (Great tunes from Heaven and Hell and Dehumanizer albums), and of course Priest! (Awesome tunes but not enough and surprisingly no oncore at all!!!???. There was plenty of applause and calling for one but none?????. They ended 5 minutes early and couldv’e played at least one more classic…two woulda’ve been better. Started off with a new album cut. I was hopin for Hellion or something great to kick it off.

All in all it was a great concert but it could have been better in my opinion by adhering to some of the hardcore Preist tunes that we all (at least at my age, 45, know and love), … but hey, The Preist still has to make a living and recruit new blood so….

13. David says:

All you people living in big cities are very lucky. The Metal Masters tour is going to be in Okalhoma City on Aug 21st but without Heaven and Hell. That SUCKS!!!! Was really looking foward to seeing Heaven and Hell. Wish I would have got tickets for the Dallas show, oh well. Judas Priest will still rock.

14. Jeffrey Z says:

Well its almost here.. Im gonna be seeing the aug 30th show in sunny so calif.. actually hot cali.. gonna be rockin at the glen helen pavillion !!!
    this is a great place to see a show its outdoors and the seating is awesome
    thats if u have decent seats.. To be honest i did’nt even know about the show but about month n half ago i was checking dio’s website and came across the mentioning of the show.. it only took me a few minutes to know i was gonna do whate ever it took to see this show!! well i was in luck 100.00 and a click of a button and im in 12th row dead center… If u ever want to see a preformer Dio and the sab are a class act and of course PRIEST as for testament n mororhead i have yet to see them.. but im sure i wont be dissapointed .. alittle 420 a few beers and lots of so cal honeys will always do the trick.. ROCK N ROLL Forever.. ohh PS Im going alone to how can i miss a show like this WIFES cool with it.. Late !

15. Mina says:

OMG! I went to the San Bernardino show last night!!! My ears are still buzzing and I have NO voice!!!! Best damn show I’ve ever seen!!!! I had great seats (orchestra 2) I could smell the exaust from Rob’s bike!!!! Heaven and Hell totally kicked ass but Priest has my heart, I can die happy now!