CD Scavenger Hunt – Metal Mental Meltdown (Heavy Metal trivia board game)

Posted: January 16, 2008 in CD Scavenger Hunt
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Metal Mental Meltdown trivia board game promo pic (2001)

It has taken a few years but I have finally acquired a mint copy of Metal Mental Meltdown (The World’s First Heavy Metal  Trivia Board Game).

I have been after this game since it was made available online in 1999. I always wanted to order it but I never did. Unfortunately, the company who made it (JPW Metal Enterprises, Inc.) closed it’s website years ago and the game became hard to find. Only 2500 copies were manufactured (mine is #1857) and the price was somewhere around $50 I think. Don’t hold me to that price, it’s been 9 years since I could find the retail price online!

Thankfully, we have Ebay! In the last year, I’ve found 4 copies of the game at auction but either the price was too high or there was a defect to the game itself (missing pieces, broken box, etc.). If I’m going to spend my hard-earned money then I want a quality product. I can deal with minor imperfections but missing pieces is out of the question. Also, there were more than a few bidders so demand was high.

I found this game just before Xmas and the auction ended 12/26. I decided that my Xmas present to me was this game. Opening bid was $19.97, shipping $8.95, and the game was in mint condition with all the pieces intact. I was the only bidder.

MMM 1 MMM 2 MMM 3 MMM 4

Total (w/shipping) = $28.92

Now I just need to find someone to play with…..

(For more info on Metal Mental Meltdown, Metal-Rules.com conducted an interview with the creator back in 2001. You can read it here.)

Comments

Looks crazy. I like trivia, but I probably wouldn’t run after this because there isn’t anybody who would play it with me.

2. Rob Rockitt says:

LOL…you will beat everyone Steve!

I would have some people to play this game because i am lucky that all my friends are into heavy metal(i believe in MANOWAR´s words:IF YOU ARE NOT INTO METAL, YOU ARE NOT MY FRIEND, a way of life i am trying to follow). I hope you will find somebody to play it with STeve and i am happy for you that you finaly found the game. HAIL TO YOU.

4. Chris says:

I played this game a few years ago with my friends. It’s a blast. Now I live 1500 miles from them and need to score my own copy of it.

I’ll play ya anytime.

5. Tim Reid says:

Hi,

How do you know what number your game is? I have a copy of this game but it isn’t opened yet.

Also… Mind if I use your pic in my ebay listing?

6. Hi. My number of the game is 408.
    I am a board game geek so it was a must to buy the only heavy metal board game.
    Sadly the publishers wish to expand the game with extension packs never hit the stores.
    I would have love a couple of those extension packs.
    Cheers
    …/Patrik

7. Jason says:

I just thought I would let you guys know I am selling my copy which is in mint condition I am in the UK but will ship elsewhere by pre-arrangement

Cheers

Jase

8. JP says:

Hello gang!

I’m the owner and creator of MMM. I do have copies let available for sale! I’m glad you guys enjoyed it as much as I had fun making it! Thanks for the interest and comments.

JP