Halloween Pumpkin

(Read the 2009 Heavy Metal Halloween Top 10 and the 2010 Heavy Metal Halloween Top 10)

My favorite time of year is here……HALLOWEEN!

In conjunction with other Hard Rock/Heavy Metal blogs (see links below) I have compiled my personal Top 10 Heavy Metal songs for Halloween 2007. It took me a few days to search through my collection and see which songs fit, I had so many off the top of my head I could have easily done a Top 20.

Here’s the list in no particular order except #1:

1. Black Sabbath – ‘Black Sabbath’
  2. Alice Cooper – ‘The Ballad Of Dwight Fry’
  3. Alice Cooper – ‘Dead Babies’
  4. Alice Cooper – ‘I Love The Dead’
  5. Halloween – ‘Halloween Night’
  6. Fastway – ‘Trick Or Treat’
  7. Iron Maiden – ‘Fear Of The Dark’
  8. Diamond Head – ‘Am I Evil?’
  9. Helloween – ‘Mr. Torture’
  10. Ozzy Osbourne – ‘Bark At The Moon’

Bonus Track: Alice Cooper – ‘He’s Back (The Man Behind The Mask)’

You can check out some other Halloween Top 10 lists at the following blogs, enter if you dare!

Bring Back Glam

Hard Rock Hideout

Heavy Metal Time Machine

The Metal Minute

Rock Of Ages

Comments

Yes, HALLOWEEN is a great time of the year. Love to watch horror movies on the 31 of october and then on the 1 of november, and listening to some horror metal like LIZZY BORDEN, IMPALER, HALLOWEEN, DAMIEN THORN, RIPPER, DEATH SS, DENIAL OF GOD etc….
    TRICK OR TREAT is a wonderful album for HALLOWEEN and its one of my all time fave albums ever. FASTWAY were so underrated.
    Have a great time with your family steve. HAIL TO YOU FOREVER AND EVER!!!

Bonus track? That’s sounds like waffling to me. Just kidding. I think you and I were the only ones to choose songs by Halloween.

3. We had a couple of the same songs, but just about everyone’s picks were different.

4. peter chrisp says:

Hard Rock/Heavy Metal Hellowean Songs that can be included your thoughts would be good not in any specific order
    1 Black Sabbath “War Pigs”- Satan Laughing Spreads His Wings” killer!!
    2 Deep Purple “Bloodsucker”-awesome!!!!
    3 Black Sabbath “Hand Of Doom”- jaw dropping!!
    4 Van Halen” Runnin’ With The Devil” need we say more!!!
    5 Type O Negative “All Hallows Eve”
    6 Type O Negative “Christian Woman”- “A Cross Upon Her Bedroom Door”
    magnificent song
    7 Type O Negative “Dead Again” -good stuff
    8 Black Sabbath “Voodoo”
    9 Atomic Rooster “Devil’s Answer” early satan song

5. Rene – My family does Halloween big time, check out my Flickr page for some photos.

Metal Mark – I had to add a bonus track, if I were based in Japan, it would be a necessity!

Rob – There were some songs in common but each list had some really great deep tracks.

Peter Chrisp – 1) great name…….2) that’s a pretty solid list of tunes. ‘Voodoo’ was under consideration for my list.

6. sepi says:

ITS HELLOWEEN NOT HALLOWEEN

7. sepi says:

lol nvmx ddd

8. derek says:

how did Halloween by Helloween NOT make the list? It is THE definitive Halloween song!

9. T-Sac says:

What the hell??

No King Diamond: Halloween?

That’s the best!

10. [...] couple of years ago, I did the 2007 Heavy Metal Halloween Top 10. What I was trying to do was pick out some ongs that were creepy, spooky and fit into the Halloween [...]

11. [...] Posts 2007 Heavy Metal Halloween Top 102009 Heavy Metal Halloween Top 10KISS – Ace Frehley solo album (1978)CD Scavenger Hunt – A month's [...]