Steve Grimmett Band – ‘Grab Your Garmin’ commercial (video, 2007)

Posted: February 12, 2007 in Videos

Steve Grimmett (from the disbanded Grim Reaper) has resurfaced with the Steve Grimmett Band…..easy to remember. What I find interesting is that Grimmett teamed with Garmin for a promotional campaign and a Superbowl commercial.

This is the full ad, unfortunately it was edited during the Superbowl so you didn’t see a close-up of the band. This was my favorite commercial, probably because I was looking for it and it had to do with Heavy Metal. Of course, I also dictated useless Metal trivia about Steve Grimmett and Grim Reaper to everyone at my Superbowl party but no one remembered them.

Comments

I always have been a big GRIM REAPER fan and the first LIONSHEART albums thats why i am happy he is back in action.

2. DPTH says:

Great video, love the Godzilla style. Very funny.

3. rayvanhornjr says:

I love the Reaper myself! Funny how Steve went to Onslaught, who are back with a new album and it shreds. Of course, it’s not Steve on vocals, it’s the whole 5/5 original members.

I never liked him with ONSLAUGHT. I prefere the first two albums much more. I just got a live cd by the band from 1987(official release) but i still have to buy their new album. I saw them live in 2006 and they kicked ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Man, I forgot about Onslaught. I’m more into Grim Reaper than Onslaught or Lionsheart. Don’t forget, Grimmett also sang on Chateaux’s debut, CHAINED AND DESPERATE (1983). The early NWOBHM was just great.

6. Rich says:

As an aside, Steve Grimmett has a myspace page which includes demos of three new kick-ass tracks!!

7. Akuya says:

I never liked him.

8. Fat Joey says:

That was the most stupid thing I’ve every seen