Over the last few years, I have had some sort of medical issue within the first couple of months of the new year. One year it was knee surgery, another surgery for kidney stones, and an allergic reaction last year. In keeping with tradition, I pulled my back out Wednesday afternoon. Basically, I have been confined to a chair or bed ever since. Thanks to the nice folks at the local emergency room, I have been able to enjoy a variety of pain relievers and muscle relaxers. Nothing goes better with an injury than some CDs…..
1. WASP – Still Not Black Enough (1995) – I hadn’t listened to this under-rated album in a few years until the other day. Of course there are two versions of this album so I had to listen to both.
2. Legs Diamond – Town Bad Girl (1990) – Never heard a Legs Diamond album until this one and I am pleasantly surprised. Bottom line good Hard Rock.
3. Dio – Magica (2000) – I never really got into this album, the concept just bored me. I have been reading DIO: LIGHT BEYOND THE BLACK by Martin Popoff so I have been revisiting the entire Dio catalogue.
4. Lita Ford – Out For Blood (1983) – I’ve been meaning to give Lita’s solo output a re-listen for a long time, problem was I needed the debut. Is she really the “Queen of Metal”?
5. Quiet Riot – QR I (1978) and QR II (1979) – The “lost” Quiet Riot albums featuring the late Randy Rhoads. I acquired some bootleg CD copies of these Japan-only releases (on vinyl) on Ebay. For those who think that METAL HEALTH (1983) was the band’s debut, check these two albums out. I’m out to acquire the original vinyl as I don’t like bootlegs but they are a bit expensive.