- Seems like this website has been turning into Black Sabbath central as of late. My critical look on the Tony Martin years has not ended, I am currently listening to CROSS PURPOSES (1994), CROSS PURPOSES LIVE (1995), and FORBIDDEN (1995). I haven’t listened to these albums in a long time so I am giving them some extra spins. Along with those albums, I have been reading Black Sabbath: Doom Let Loose by Martin Popoff. An excellent read…..
- I have been listening to the new Quiet Riot album, REHAB, and I should have a review on that as well. Also, the new Taz Taylor Band (featuring Graham Bonnet on vocals) album, WELCOME TO AMERICA, has been getting some spins.
- The DVDs are piling up. In the queue I have: KISSOLOGY, Iced Earth – ALIVE IN ATHENS, Hammerfall – ONE CRIMSON NIGHT, the Bruce Dickinson DVD that I never finished and a Rainbow DVD in there somewhere.
- CDs are piling on the desk. As I write this, I am listening to the KISS – ALIVE: THE MILLENIUM CONCERT. The new albums by UFO, Paul Stanley, Riot, MSG, Motorhead, Iron Maiden, and Axel Rudi Pell are still in rotation in addition to the Quiet Riot and Taz Taylor albums. CDs I haven’t listened to and/or unwrapped: new albums from Krokus, Hammerfall, Kamelot, Jon Oliva, Angra, and the two Trouble reissues.
- I’m going to start going through my CDs and have a “best of” list for 2006. I’m focusing on only albums I’ve purchased that were released in 2006. I am going to post this list after the Christmas holiday, by then I should have listened to all the new albums I haven’t heard yet.
Personally, all is well. I’d like to be listening to more music but between the new 2nd shift schedule at work, the holidays, my 3 yr. old finding new ways to turn the house into a jungle gym, and our new puppy……well, Music has taken a back seat. I used to be able to listen to 5 or 6 albums a night at work. Now, maybe one if I can. After working all night, I could come home and listen to 2 or 3 more CDs, or watch a DVD during my daughter’s nap. Not anymore as the naps have ended and there is more to explore. I’m trying to convince my wife to move the stereo and computer downstairs but that is highly unlikely.
My night off is Tuesday. My plan is to load up the MP3 player with the new albums, get some order to the CDs/DVDs waiting in the wings, and enjoy music all day. If not, I’m bound to go crazy!